K-tech had my car for 3.5 weeks. During the last week, they used it for their own personal reasons, "joy-riding" as the CA BAR calls it, putting 460 miles on the vehicle. This is documented by mileage recordings on their own paperwork. They refuse to take responsibility for this, or explain it, or reimburse me for the unnecessary wear and tear. They solicited my business by telling me they were Volvo emissions repair specialists who were in a business partnership with a reputable STAR compliance repair facility in Santa Rosa. All of that turned out to be lie. Ktech have no such partnership, and each time ktech declared my car to be "fixed", it malfunctioned immediately and had to be returned to them. That happened 3x in 3.5 weeks. In the end, after spending $4200 for what started as a primary purpose of emissions repairs, The car failed its smog inspection. The guy in the clean techie work uniform with all the certificates hanging on the wall is not the guy who does the work. Kate the owner does none of the work. So regardless of their promo, hype and pictures, don't be mislead. There is a mechanic in the back with no visible credentials who is doing the work. One guy, many cars torn apart is various states of progress and regress.
Their prices are exorbitant. I was willing to pay the extra because I was short on time leaving for a cross country trip, and tthought I would be receiving top notch professional service. In the end. I discovered that Ktech, as a whole, is not capable of delivering pro-level reliable work, and they are obviously unsure of the standard practices and procedures which they sell to customers. Their true expertise lies within the art of the swindle: Bait/switch, pass the buck, and good cop/bad cop routines which they perpetrate systematically upon the customer.
What I saw was a shop is always overbooked. The lot full with cars that sit half repaired. Customers wandering into the shop asking what was going on with their vehicles. Very few people who were actually working on cars, an abundance of people in cute uniforms posing as technicians. You will notice the actual real mechanics as the ones who have grease and oil on their clothes. Once ktech have your car and a significant financial investment from you for that first "repair" they know they have you. That is when they stop communicating via telephone I had to finally take the bus to their location, to appear in person just to find out what was going with my car. They played this game intermittently for weeks. Lie, cheat, steal, gauge, they are absolutely not burdened with any form of honor, integrity or ethics. In 40+ years of maintaining a vehicle, this is the first time I have ever filed complaints with consumer protection agencies such as CA BAR and BBB. Kate and her business ktech is by far, the very worst experience I have ever had. Technically, sub-par. Ethically, reprehensible. Greedy beyond comprehension. Do yourself a huge favor and go anywhere else
More Review Details
|Value for money|
|Product or Service Quality|
- Reason of review:
- Not as described
- Preferred solution:
- Price reduction
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Incompetent Repairers
- Review category
- Service Centers and Repairs
You May Also Like
- "Mi nombre es José el día 20de septiembre lleve mi troka Nissan frontier sólo para realizarle una alineación y cambio de breaks ceramic y lo hicieron hasta el Domingo y..."
- "I came into this place a month ago & has been a nightmare ever since. It's been almost 5 weeks later and I still don't have my car due to..."
- "On Friday, May 10, 2013, I was driving in Suffolk, VA with one passenger in my vehicle. All of a sudden, my tire pressure sensor came on and my vehicle..."
- "Horrible service when grooming. Our first time at Petsmart in Santa Rosa, CA. I only asked for a puppy bath for my 3 month pomeranian and for her sanitaries, paws..."
- "Marvin Windows are ***. Window's 11 years old have rotted frames. I've had a Marvin installer inspect the installation and was told that they were installed correctly. Not only has..."
- "I used collage.com plenty of times and was quite happy but recently that has changed.I ordered 4 pillows ,nice and colorful and clear.I recieved pillows that had no detail and..."
- "I bought a whirlpool washer and got arrested in the and I bought extended warranty and they won't fix it..."
- "Crook, Money Hungry, Delusional, Crazy and Ill Hearted Dentist. Long Track of Horrible Scam Records Ruthlessly Ripping Numerous Patients for Multiple Tens of Thousands of Dollars. Revoked License and Penalized..."